Thursday 20 September 2012

First Post! Exciting I know....

So, this is my first post to a blog ever....

I started my other blog first (Of a Vintage Air) if you're interested, but I've not worn any suitably awesome vintage outfits to take a picture of yet! But I have started to get healthy, and thought I'd share my journey in case anyone's interested!

There's been a couple of reasons that I thought I should finally get my butt in gear and get fit again, but mostly it's just because now seems like a good time :-) oh and there's that scary team building exercise weekend with my boyfriend's work mates in Goa in January to look forward to. On the beach :-| I think I'll feel slightly more confident if I don't look like such a plonker in a swimsuit!!

So anyways.... I started eating better on the 1st September, stopped drinking pretty much everything but water. Lots and lots of water. And hey, my skin looks better! I still drink orange juice as an odd treat and a glass of wine once in a while, eg anniversary last weekend! :-)

I've been eating tonnes of fruit and veg in various cunning disguises, and hope to share some of my more inventive/better looking/not totally disastrous meals with you!

After a few days, I thought, this probably isn't enough, so being a total sucker for punishment I ordered Jillian Michaels' 'The 30 Day Shred' off of Amazon and waited nervously for it to arrive.


Image from Amazon.co.uk

I'm currently on day 7 of level 1 and it's been good. Knackering and painful for the first three days, but my jeans are a tad looser (wishful thinking...?) and I feel much better. I've lost 10 pounds since the start of september, but I think that's just my body's grateful reaction to eating and drinking so much better!

I've been exercising at 5.30am in the morning before work and before the Boyfriend can get up and make too much fun of my floundering around the living room! It's ok. A banana before and my whole wheat, seeded toast and marmite for breakfast after and I'm ready to start the day! But whatever you do, try and get enough sleep! Otherwise it is hard, hard work.... Even harder than before I mean, what with Jillian's twenty minutes of bullying first thing anyway!!

That's probably enough from me for now :-)

I hope to update you of my progress for the next twenty three days of the shred, and post recipies etc as often as possible.

Ciao!

Jo :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment